Sunday, April 26, 2009

A new format

For those of you who actually check this blog at its physical address (instead of through an RSS reader or feed), you may have noticed that I recently changed the format. I started experimenting with it this weekend, trying out some interesting new third-party format codes which ultimately were not user-friendly enough for un-tech-savvy Erin. I finally made some tweaks to a template provided by blogger (blogspot), adding in one of my favorite pics from Big Sur in the header and changing the colors around a bit.

After seeing some of my friends' blogs in wordpress's format (wordpress is another blog hosting site, like blogspot), I was starting to get annoyed by the narrow text field blogger provides. I wanted to be able to post larger pics (so that you don't need to click on them just to see some detail) and have a wider text field so that each post didn't require arthritis-inducing scrolling. This new format is mostly a test, and I may be changing the header pic around in the next few weeks. Unfortunately, this does mean that all of the old posts will look weirdly off-center because of the (relatively) smaller picture sizing. But whatever. I'm sure you'll all deal with it. =)

Things here at the Krakhouse are busy and crazy - I'm into full thesis-writing mode, and I have my home office set up with improvised file drawers for my multitudes of papers (with my bizarre but effective numbering system), all of my binders full of data collected over the last 5 years, and the computer that I hope will never crash, burn, or otherwise fail me in this sprint marathon of writing. I'm trying to sort out a date for the defense, but I'm still hoping for the end of June. Nick is doing a lot of flying lately, trying to finish his requirements for a private pilot's license before we leave San Diego. We're also becoming acutely aware of the impending move to Ohio! So if we're off the radar ... well, I promise we have a good excuse!

No comments: