I follow many blogs and websites: some for fun, some for information, and many because I love keeping track of friends and family in this information age.
Here's my reading list, broken down by category for ease of browsing.
PHOTOGRAPHY
Tom Arbour's Photoblog : He's an Ohio environmentalist and right now I'm using him to remind myself of all the nature photography to be had in central Ohio (this keeps me optimistic!).
Jim Patterson Photography : A Pacific Northwest shooter who specializes in underwater and coastal shots. If I had a spare $20,000, I would definitely get into underwater photography.
Elizabeth Carmel Photography : A Sierra Nevada landscape photographer who lives and works in the Truckee / Tahoe area. She was my inspiration to just get out and try new techniques and try to be a better photographer.
Two Adobe Lightroom blogs that give great tips and tricks about this software that I use as a "first pass" photoeditor: Lightroom News and Lightroom Killer Tips.
Several of my Flickr contacts whose pictures always amaze me: "Sosidesc," an Oceanside or San Clemente-based shooter who takes fantastic surfing and beach scenes Alan Grinberg, a Bay-area photographer who takes awesome urban and industrial shots in addition to some fantastic travel photographs. David Blakeley, a sunset shooter from South Devon, England. The Official White House Photostream, a collection of candid shots from the West Wing. So cool.
Greenversations, the EPA's blog about conservation directed toward the average Joe.
The UCSD Superfund Basic Research Program site. My thesis mentor is the administrator of the UCSD SBRP program and there are some really interesting outreach activities that happen with toxicological evaluation of the watershed that crosses the US-Mexico border in San Diego.
Eye Level, a Smithsonian American Art Institute blog about featured artists, exhibitions, and installations at the SI.
F You, Penguin, an anti-cute-animal blog that cracks me up.
I Can Haz Cheezburger?, a site featuring pictures of cats with funny captions. Tolerable in small doses because the intentionally bad spelling and grammar, while cute, drive my brain crazy.
PostSecret, which shows a weekly selection of handmade postcards highlighting anonymous secrets of the authors. Touching, funny, and very honest and human.
Stacey Snacks, aka The Insecure Cook, featuring daily posts with pictures of her recent gourmet cooking adventures.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Chris and Kate and our nephew Josh, with updates from their very busy life in St. Louis
Randy and Jenni and the soon-to-be Bracelet ... let's hope he resumes blogging once the kid is born!
Chip and Daryn, our San Diego pals who keep us active and entertained
The Cronleys, our Navy friends who were in San Diego with us back in the VS-33 days.
Christine the Machine, my fellow BMS classmate who is also getting ready to defend her PhD while completing IronMan triathalons and making the rest of the human race look bad.
The Browns, The Worsts, and The Rodriguezes, all friends of mine from high school who had gorgeous kids within months of one another! And if Kathleen would ever blog, I'd read all about her kids (dogs), too ...
There are some more, but it's almost strange putting the links up when I'm not sure if they even know I read their blogs! I will post these links when I get over this phase of anti-intrusiveness. grin.
No comments:
Post a Comment